You can now pick up your favourite Mokhado oils on the go at 250 Marks and Spencer food stores around the United Kingdom. To celebrate, Marks and Spencer Chef Jon Jones dreamed up this guilt-free coconut and almond milk-based panna cotta, made with our sweet and nutty Macadamia oil.
During the start of the year, when almost everyone's hitting the diet restart button, it makes for the perfect healthy treat or light dessert.
Ingredients, for 4 people:
8 gelatine leaves
200ml coconut milk
150ml almond milk
1 tbsp Mokhado Macadamia Oil
1 vanilla pod, with seeds scraped out
3 tbsp honey
1 lemon, juice and zest
200g mixed frozen berries
50g caster sugar
100g macadamia nuts
- Heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water until soft.
- Heat 100ml of the coconut milk in a small saucepan.
- Remove the gelatine from the bowl and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Add the gelatine to the hot coconut milk and whisk in.
- Whisk together the remaining panna cotta ingredients, then add the coconut milk and gelatine mix.
- Divide among 4 small ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Put the frozen berries in a small saucepan with the sugar, and gently heat until the sugar and fruit juices combine to make a deep red syrup.
- Roast the macadamia nuts in the oven for 8 minutes, then remove.
- Allow to cool, then roughly chop.
- When ready to serve, dip the ramekins in a bowl of warm water and invert each panna cotta onto a plate.
- Top with the Mixed berries, a spoonful of the syrup and a scattering of roasted nuts.