This is definitely a quick & easy weeknight recipe, one that is guaranteed to induce feelings of summer and memories of warm beach days... Just perfect served with a crisp white wine or a cheeky shot of Ouzo!
Ingredients, for 2 people
1 cup brown rice, cooked
100g baby spinach, chopped
1/4 cup black olives, stoned and quartered
40g Greek feta
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp Avocado oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook rice and drain. If using microwave pouch, cook according to instructions.
- In a wok or saucepan, heat the Avocado oil over high heat. If you like a bit of bite to your meals, add 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper to the oil.
- Add the rice and stir through to coat all in the oil. Fry for 2 min. This will add just a little bit of that satisfying chewiness to the rice.
- Now add the chopped baby spinach and olives and stir through.
- Once spinach starts to wilt, squeeze over lemon juice and stir through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take wok off the heat and crumble half the feta and half the lemon zest into the rice. Stir through lightly. Feta will melt slightly.
- To serve, dish rice into bowls and crumble remaining feta and lemon zest over the top, finishing with a last grind of black pepper.
Now what could be quicker and easier than this?! Now sit back, enjoy and start planning your next holiday!