This is a truly with melt-in-your-mouth noodle experience, made oh so fancy with crispy curly butternut chips.
Ingredients, for 2 people
160g (2 bundles) Soba Noodles (we used King Soba Pumpkin & Rice Noodles)
200g Butternut wedges, thinly sliced
6 tbsp Mokhado Avocado Oil
1 tsp Za’atar (dried thyme, oregano, sesame seed and sumac blend)
1/2 tsp fresh thyme, to garnish
Salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 5
- For the fancy curly chips: using a potato peeler, peel slithers of butternut from one of the longer, curved butternut wedges. Set aside.
- In a bowl, toss butternut wedges with 2 tbsp Avocado oil and the Za’atar. Then spread it out on a baking tray and roast in the oven until lightly browned, 30 min.
- Add the butternut slithers on one end of the tray arranged on its side. Place this side of the tray closest to the oven door, as it will be crispy and ready to come out the oven well before the wedges are browned - around 20min.
- Nearer to the end of the butternut cooking time, cook the noodles following instructions on the packet. Typically 4-5 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- When ready, take the butternut out of the oven and add to the noodles, along with the rest of the Avocado Oil, fresh thyme leaves and salt and pepper. Add a little bit of the pasta cooking liquid and stir through, adding more if until all the noodles are covered in liquid.
- To serve, scoop into a bowl, decorating with the butternut crisps, another little drizzle of Avocado oil and a stalk of fresh thyme.