With thousands of people taking part in Veganuary (a vegan diet throughout the month of January) this year, we thought we’d jump on the bandwagon with this month’s recipe. Our apricot kernel oil is absolutely perfect for vegan baking, you can use it in many cake, cookie and flapjack recipes in place of butter for a very special flavour.
Ingredients, for 12 flapjacks
125ml apricot oil
60ml (½ cup) coconut oil
185ml (¾ cup) golden syrup
125g dried apricots, chopped finely
50g mixed seeds
300g rolled oats
100g soft light brown
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5/375F/190C and grease and line a deep 20x20cm baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt the oils, syrup and sugar on a low heat until dissolved and combined.
- Stir in the oats, salt, apricots and seeds until everything is coated in the syrupy mixture.
- Press the flapjack mixture into the lined baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are a deep golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.