Nothing gets us geared up for autumn quite like warm, aromatic spices. We’ve combined them with indulgent honey-roasted nuts for the perfect dairy-free cookies.
175g plain flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
50g caster sugar
75g light soft brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
pinch of salt
125g honey-roasted peanuts and cashews
125ml macadamia nut oil
1 large, free-range egg
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 4/180C/350F and grease and line two baking trays.
- Put all the dry ingredients (flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugars, spices and salt) in a large bowl and gently mix with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and oil. Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add the nuts to the mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
- Using a tablespoon as a guide for size, shape the dough into balls and place on the baking tray. Leave a good few centimetres of space between them to be on the safe side, but they shouldn’t spread too much.
- Bake for 10 minutes (you may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your baking trays), then leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for a further ten minutes before enjoying with a tall glass of milk or a chai latte..