This burger is the perfect antidote to the fiery ones that’ve been trending of late. We love a kick in the teeth and mild throat burn from far too much hot sauce as much as the next foodie, but sometimes it’s nice to kick back with something mellow.
Our avocado oil has a high smoking point, making it perfect for sizzling burgers. It also makes a very interesting mayonnaise, as we found out when we tried Nom Nom Paleo’s recipe this month!
Ingredients, for 2 people
2 brioche buns
250g beef mince
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic granules
½ beaten egg
½ onion, chopped very finely
1 avocado, stoned and sliced
avocado mayonnaise (or ordinary mayo!)
1 tbsp avocado oil
1. Tip the mince, oregano, garlic granules, egg and onion into a bowl and get in there with your hands to combine the ingredients. Divide the mixture into two, roll each half into a ball then flatten to a burger shape.
2. Put the burgers on a plate, cover with cling film and chill for at least thirty minutes.
3. If you’re brave enough, now is the time to make your own mayonnaise!
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and get the burgers in there. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes each side, or however you prefer them.
5. Smear some mayonnaise on both halves of your brioche buns, top with some avocado, followed by the camembert and your burgers.
6. Eat with napkins nearby!